MAA is pleased to announce a new collaboration with the nonprofit arts organization Art Enables. Art Enables provided artists with disabilities the creative and vocational training needed to become proud, professional artists, and it also runs two art galleries. A portion of proceeds from the sale of art in the galleries goes to support Art Enables’ mission. We have secured space in Art Enables’ Off-Rhode Gallery in Washington DC for a MAA members show March 9-May 4, 2019.
- Registration Deadline: Friday, February 15, 11:59 ET
- Drop off Artwork: Tuesday March 5 or Wednesday, March 6, 10 am-3 pm each day.
- Show Hanging: Tuesday, March 5 and Wednesday, March 6. (Hanger volunteers may bring their entries on that day at 10 am.)
- Show dates: March 9-May 4
- Reception: Saturday, March 9 from 4-6 pm (Light refreshments and wine are provided.)
- Pick Up Unsold Artwork: Tuesday, May 7 or Wednesday, May 8, 10 am-3 pm each day.
Details at a Glance
- Media eligible for exhibition: Oil, acrylic, watercolor, mixed media, pastel, encaustic, drawing/ink mediums, and 3D works that can easily be wired with picture hooks and hung on a wall. Photography is not included in this show.
- Number of pieces allowed: Members may submit up to three (3) entries. If your artwork is large, please enter only one (1) piece, as space is limited in the gallery.
- Entry fee: A $10 non-refundable fee covers the cost for up to 3 entries.
- Entry deadline: Friday, February 15 at 11:59 ET.
Note: The exhibit space holds about 30 to 40 artworks. If the number of entries exceeds the gallery capacity prior to the deadline, priority will be given to earlier entrants. Best to register early!
- How to register: We accept online registration only.
Alan Rich, MAA president