Friday, March 22
10 am-2 pm
Gallery 209 in Rockville
As a special benefit to our members, we have arranged for professional photographer Gregory R. Staley to take your professional portrait at a vastly reduced price – just $25 per person. If you’ve ever been photographed professionally, you know that photo shoots can cost hundreds of dollars, and we’re grateful to Greg – a friend of the DC arts community – for the reduced rate he’s providing to us.
The shoot will take place on Friday, March 22 from 10 am to 2 pm at Gallery 209 in Rockville. You must be an MAA member to participate.
Advanced sign up and payment are required; we have 32 slots available.
How to Sign Up
- Go to our Photoshoot Sign Up Page.
- Scroll down until you see the chart “Available Times.”
- Find your preferred time slot and click the little square next to “Sign up.”
- Click “Submit and Sign Up” at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in your name, email address and phone number.
- Click “Sign up now.”
- Immediately after signing up, send your $25 payment via PayPal by clicking here. Your spot is considered confirmed when payment is received. If you don’t use Paypal, please email us at MAAartists@gmail.com to make alternate arrangements.
You’ll receive a confirmation email. You’ll receive a reminder the day before.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the portraits being taken?
At Gallery 209/Cathy Hirsh Classroom at Artists & Makers Studios 2, 12276 Wilkins Ave. in Rockville. Directions.
When should I arrive?
Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment. We have scheduled 2-3 portraits during each 20-minute time slot.
What should I wear?
Here are some tips on how to dress and prepare:
- Wear something you feel is flattering and makes you feel good – if you feel good, the photo will look good.
- Consider wearing a blue shirt. A lot of people have been pleased with the results of their photo when they’re in blue.
- If you choose to wear a tie or a necklace, choose a brightly colored one, to add a flattering pop of color near your face.
- For those who use cosmetics: Your normal, everyday look is fine – no need to go heavier on makeup. If you don’t normally wear makeup but have some, we do suggest that you wear, in the very least, light foundation, powder and lip color.
- Avoid black or white shirts unless you’re wearing a suit jacket, sweater or scarf over it. It tends to be too stark.
- Don’t wear a shirt with an overly busy pattern or stripes. It can detract the viewer from the main attraction of the image – your face!
- Don’t be concerned about what trousers/skirt you wear – it won’t appear in the photo.
Will I get to select my photo?
Yes. The photographer will show you the images he took on screen and you can select the one image you like the most. The photographer will do some very light editing – lighting adjustment, flyaway hairs, etc. Do not expect every freckle and wrinkle to magically disappear!
When will I receive my photo?
Greg will email you your headshot approximately one week after the shoot.
All of the slots are full. Is there a waiting list?
Yes. Please add your name to the waiting list and indicate your times of availability between 10 am and 2 pm. We will contact you if a spot opens up.
What if I need to cancel that morning?
Please call, text or email Elissa Poma at 202-309-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are able to get someone to fill your spot, we will refund your payment. No shows will not be refunded.
Please email Elissa Poma from MAA.