As a member benefit, MAA members may post up to 10 images on our Online Gallery. You may simply display your work or may mark works for sale and indicate the cost. You can choose which piece shows up on the main landing page.
Background: On our Gallery page, one image will be displayed along with the artist name for each artist participating. The artists are presented in alphabetical order. A viewer who is interested in knowing more about the particular piece or the artist will click on the image. That will bring up a larger image of the piece along with any information given for it and will also show the artist’s website and a brief artist’s statement (if this information is in your member’s profile.
Setting Up Your Gallery
1. Log in to your membership account. (If you forget your password, click on “Forgot Password” to have a new one emailed to you.)
2. Click “my image gallery” and then “add image” to begin adding your pieces and corresponding info.
-Use “Browse” to find the location of the image on your computer.
-It’s optional to include the year the piece was created, material (media), and dimensions.
3. Upload the image, then click “Submit.”
4. Click “Add Image” to add another one and repeat the instructions above. You can add up to 10 images.
-You can adjust the order of the images by clicking “move up” or “move down.”
- If you have a website URL and an artist’s statement in your member profile, they will be shown on your Gallery page.
- If you do not have a website and you want people to be able to contact you, include your email address in your artist statement.
- You can change your profile info or the images anytime.
Selling Your Artwork
If you’d like to list a piece of art for sale, include a dollar amount in the title. For example, if your title is “Ocean Sunrise,” type “Ocean Sunrise–$xxx,” where “xxx” is the asking price in whole dollars (no decimal point or cents).
Include your contact info in your artists statement so that potential buyers can reach you.
Other than allowing members to display art for sale in the Gallery, MAA has no role role in conducting the sale, and no commission will be taken. Potential buyers should contact you directly to make arrangements.