Do you want to share your talents at the Paint the Town Labor Day Show next month? Perhaps you have a special technique that would be fascinating for show goers to see, or you'd like to get practice doing a live demo.
Instead of bringing in outside artists for our Paint the Town demos, this we are turning to our large and talented membership for the show's demonstrations. And we have added more demo time slots throughout the three-day show--eight spots in total.
One-hour demos are scheduled for
- Saturday, August 31 -- 12-1 pm, 2-3 pm and 4-5 pm
- Sunday, September 1 -- 12-1 pm, 2-3 pm and 4-5 pm
- Monday, September 2 -- 11 am-noon and 1-2 pm
How to Apply
Reply to this email with the following info by August 1:
- A short description of what you plan to demonstrate (i.e. plein air, a still life, painting from a photo, a specific technique)
- 1-2 photos of your artwork work
- This opportunity is open to MAA members only. You do not have to be a participant in this year's Paint the Town art show, but you must renew your membership for 2019-20.
- To ensure a variety of media, subjects and techniques in our program, we won't be able to select everyone who applies.
- We will notify those who have been selected by August 10.
- It will be up to you to decide whether you sell your demo piece at the show. In past year's many of the demo pieces have sold on the spot.