2017 Kensington “Paint the Town” Labor Day Weekend Show
Saturday, September 2 through Monday, September 4, 2017
Hours – Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm; Monday: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
In the Kensington Town Hall/Armory, 3710 Mitchell Street, Kensington, MD 20895
– Walt Bartman will be this year’s show judge. Walt Bartman is the Director and founder of the Yellow Barn in Glen Echo, and the co-founder of the Griffin Art Center, Frederick, Maryland. He is an internationally-collected landscape artist and renowned local instructor offering painting classes and national/international workshops. View his website.
NEW this year: special Artist Demonstrations by talented and accomplished artists Glen Kessler and Alison Menke.
– Alison Menke’s demonstration will be “en Plein Air” on Saturday, September 2, from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (weather permitting). Alison is a local and national Plein Air artist, inspired from childhood by her great-grandmother, Georgia Leigh Caldwell, an American Impressionist artist. Her artistic journey began in 2011 on a solitary trip to Colorado which turned into a five month exploration of plein air. Alison painted and sold her work daily on site. She has spent the past three years attending plein air competitions and festivals. 2016 and 2017 Honors – 11 competitions, receiving 14 awards. Alison currently travels around the world in search of new painting inspirations.
– Glen Kessler will be demonstrating the creation of a “Pet Portrait” in the Armory on Sunday, September 3, from 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Glen is an internationally collected and awarded artist as well as the founder of The Compass Atelier in Rockville, Maryland. Kessler has an MFA from New York Academy of Art (summa cum laude) and a BFA from Maryland Institute College of Art (also, summa cum laude). His works have graced the cover of Professional Artist Magazine and appeared in The Artists’ Magazine and other publications.
- Prospectus Explaining Show Details: 2017 Paint the Town Labor Day Weekend Show Prospectus
- Show Flyer: 2017 Paint the Town Labor Day Weekend Show Flyer
- Plein Air Event Details: 2017 Plein Air Event Instructions
MAA Show Flyers
Flyers are prepared for shows that the MAA sponsors. The flyers are posted here so that participants can use them in their communications with their friends and clients.