2017 Kensington “Paint the Town” Labor Day Weekend Show
Show information is being updated, and will be posted here. Online registration begins July 3 and closes on August 11.
Download the Show Flyer: MAA 2017 Paint the Town Labor Day Weekend Show Flyer
– Show Dates: Saturday, September 2 through Monday, September 4, 2017
– Registration Dates: *July 3 to August 11, 2017 (online by midnight)
– Art Delivery Dates: August 31, and Sept 1, 2017
– Location: Kensington Town Hall/Armory, 3710 Mitchell Street, Kensington, MD 20895
Message from Labor Day Show Chair: Pat Choquette
Mark Your Calendars for our “PAINT THE TOWN” Labor Day Weekend Art Show!
Our annual MAA Kensington Labor Day Weekend Art Show will be held on Sat, Sept 2 – Mon, Sept 4 this year, at the Kensington Town Hall/Armory. Artists are invited to participate. One work must be based on a subject within the 20895 zip code of Kensington – a requirement for participation. Our Labor Day Weekend Show is very well attended and is quite successful.
*REGISTRATION for the show will begin and end EARLIER this year (please note), along with renewal of MAA membership. If you will be entering in several categories, consider beginning work on your entries now. We encourage your latest and best work as always for the show.
The Labor Day Weekend Show will also include 2D visual and 3D sculptural art to be judged for several awards in the following categories: Kensington, Landscape, Still Life, Portrait (people and animals), and Abstract/3D. One painting in the Kensington category is chosen for the “Best in Show” winner of the Bertha Clum award. Binwork will be allowed also. Over 500+ works are exhibited annually in this show that runs concurrently with the Kensington Labor Day Parade and Festival.
Our “Plein Air Event” will be held on Saturday, Sept 2nd, starting at daybreak. Artists “paint the town” of Kensington on this day, creating excitement for the area and neighboring communities. You may even catch a glimpse of the press.
– There will also be an Invitational for accomplished artists and instructors also who have participated with MAA in some way. Their artwork will be judged separately for award(s) also.
– The Labor Day show Prospectus with full details will be posted soon, along with a Volunteer Sign-up once registration begins on July 3rd.
We welcome and encourage all volunteers. If you would like to volunteer early please contact:
Pat Choquette, Show Chairman, at Custom_Interiors@ChoquetteInteriorDesign.com or 301-633-6173 (please leave a message). Help is needed in many areas of the show.
Wishing everyone much excitement and success creating your art as we prepare for our Paint the Town Art Show!
– Pat Choquette, Paint the Town Show Chairman (301-633-6173)
MAA Show Flyers
Flyers are prepared for shows that the MAA sponsors. The flyers are posted here so that participants can use them in their communications with their friends and clients.
2016 Kensington “Paint the Town” Labor Day Weekend Show
The 2016 “Paint the Town” Labor Day Weekend Art Show was wonderful! Participating artists entered one piece indicative of the Town of Kensington, or within the 20895 zip code (as well as their other pieces). We had 120 participating artists and over 500 artworks! And great sales too!
– Show program in ready-to-print pages: 2016 Kensington Paint the Town Program
– Information about the show: 2016 “Paint the Town” Labor Day Show Information Form
– Registration Instructions: 2016 “Paint the Town” Labor Day Show Online Registration Instructions
– Show flyer: 2016 Kensington “Paint the Town” Labor Day Weekend Art Show Flyer