Saturday, Sept 1, 2018
(from Daybreak to 3:00 PM)
The Plein Air Event competition is an open show within the main show with separate competitions for youths and adults. Artwork will be judged and on display and if desired, available for sale through Monday, September 3. Award winners will be recognized at the Saturday evening Awards Reception.
Registration Fee: Free to MAA members and to participants under 18 years of age. $10 for non-members 18 and over. Minors (under 18 years old) must have the written permission of their guardians and must be accompanied by an adult at all times. MAA is not responsible for the safety/security of Plein Air Event participants.
Registration Dates: Thursday, August 30, 5:00-7:00 PM; Friday, August 31, 9:00 – 11:00 AM, or Saturday, September 1, from 8:00 – 11:30 AM. Register in person at the Kensington Town Hall Armory, 3710 Mitchell Street, Kensington, MD. Please be sure to have your canvas or paper stamped at the Armory prior to beginning to paint.
Plein Air Competition Rules
- All work must be completed between daybreak and returned by 3pm on Saturday for the judging and for sale. Judging will begin at 3pm sharp.
- One painting per artist may be entered for the competition.
- There will be a separate judging for children, youths, and adults.
- All art MUST be of the Kensington area in the artist’s preferred medium and style.
- Artwork may be framed after the judging process is complete.
- List the Artist’s name, phone number and price on the back of each artwork. Labels will be available during the take-in at the Armory.
- All sold Plein Air artwork on display for sale will remain in the show with a red sales dot until 3:30 PM on Monday, September 4 when customer pickup begins.